TransAsia crash live: At least 12 killed as flight 235 clips bridge and plummets into river
Wed, 04 Feb 2015 6:38:13 UTCNews Agency:
A TransAsia flight clipped a bridge shortly after takeoff and plummeted into a shallow river near the island's capital of Taipei on Wednesday, killing at least 15 people. These are the latest updates:
- State media have reported that 26 people had been pulled from the plane, with rescue efforts continuing to rescue any survivors
- A total of 58 people were on board the domestic flight
- As many as 31 passengers were from mainland China, Taiwan's TVBS news broadcaster said
- The country's Central News Agency said the plane was travelling from Taipei to the outlying island of Kinmen when it lost contact with flight controllers at 10:55 a.m on Wednesday.
- It is the second of TransAsia's French-made ATR 72 planes to crash in the past year. Last July, a flight crashed while attempting to land on the island of Penghu off Taiwan's coast, killing 48 people and injuring another 10.
Click here for FULL Story on The Independent